Monday, 25 August 2008

The spirit of freedom

A beautiful creature galloping
The breeze dancing in the air
Darting, Soaring, Bolting, Leaping
Living without a care
Hurdling with the eagle
That’s flying up above
Jumping, Dashing, Sprinting, Racing
A horse, a creature to love

Now gliding through the deep blue sky
Over the long white cloud
Hovering, Flapping, Flying, Screeching
The call of the gull clear and loud
Plummeting down to the ocean
Trying to catch a fish
Swarming, Soaring, Diving, Fluttering
To be a bird, my only wish

Sneaking in the grasslands
Round a hollow tree I creep
Roaring, Searching, Seeking, Stalking
I spy my prey and leap
The antelope got away
But now a tigers worst fear
Running, Ripping, Scampering, Speeding
For the tiger poachers are here

Swimming through a river
Dancing with the trout
Darting, Dodging, Swimming, Gliding
To where the sea comes out
Now I’m in the ocean
That leads out to a stream
That’s exactly what occurred to me
Before I woke up from my dream

By Aimee Stevens

No comments: