Wednesday, 29 July 2009

Congratulations Kristian


Room 1 entered the Rodney Libraries Podcast competition again this year. Remember last year Jamie was the overall winner. This year Kristian was placed second and received a memory stick for his entry. You can listen to it from the Rodney Libraries website or read it yourself below.

Soccer

By Kristian

The leaves crunched under my feet
As I marched onto the soggy wet field.
The arms of the trees broke the wind as it
Pounded against it.
The ref blew the whistle as the rain scattered
All over the ground.
The ball landed at my feet.
I stopped it, looked around me then “WACK”,
The ball flew like a comet.
It landed right in front of the striker.
He dribbled the ball up to the goal as the
Ball crushed the soggy wet grass then
“SCORE”.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great writing Kristian. I especially like the way you have used descriptive language to build up the picture of your soccer game. Keep up the good work! Mrs Stevens

Anonymous said...

Well done, Kristian. I listened to it, and thought it was great.
Mrs Duffin

We're Room 2 said...

I can just imagine the wet, windy game from reading your great imagery! Well done, Kristian!
Mrs Murphy